Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blogging Etiquette

Confession: I'm new to blogging. I read a few regularly, comment occasionally. And just recently, I decided to take the plunge. I have joined the blogosphere...adding my voice to the conversation.

To kick start this blog and with the help of good friend and veteran blogger, Jim L. I have begun a list that I will call:

Rules to Blog By
  1. Be yourself, not your favorite blogger.
  2. Post regularly.
  3. Keep your posts short. Sweet. And to the point.
  4. Engage your reader.
  5. Don't make a point or accusation you can't back up.
  6. Poof read.
  7. Proof read again.
  8. Respond to comments.
  9. Give appropriate credit.
  10. Ask questions.
So in keeping with these rules, I'd like to ask: What are the rules you blog by?

3 comments:

Jim said...

Nice!!

Matt McClay said...

Thanks!

Caleb Chang said...

Kudos for having the courage to take the plunge. I would like to add: 5b. In your comments on a post, if you make a point or accusation that you can't back up, keep your identity "Anonymous".